You are most welcome to travel with your pet, but please follow the following guidance:
- Drivers are legally obliged to transport assistance dogs without any restrictions and at no additional fee.
- Dogs of any size must be muzzled and kept on a leash. Seats should also be covered with a blanket or a towel to protect them from mud or dirt. This will also help to protect future passengers who may be allergic to dog or pet fur or hair.
- Small animals like cats, rabbits or reptiles should travel in special carriers or cages fitted with an absorbent pad or liner.
- Lap dogs don’t require a muzzle, but should be kept on your lap.
- Birds should be transported in a cage with a lined bottom.
- A crate with a waterproof bottom or a special rubber-impregnated carrier bag is recommended for cats.
- At no time should pets be allowed to move freely inside the vehicle.
- Once a journey has been requested, passengers are required to inform MyKarz that they will be travelling with a pet or animal. This needs to happen before the driver accepts the job and arrives to the pickup point.